Contract: 2 years fixed term contract (renewable)
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
About the role of Finance and Support Services Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Finance and Support Services Manager (FSSM) to join our team in Malawi. The post holder will oversee the management of the Sightsavers’ Finance and Administration in the Malawian Country Office. Reporting to the Country Director you will be responsible for monitoring the country resource management and identifying risks or issues. The Finance and Support Services Manager will develop or propose solutions to financial or support related problems and will assess consistency and quality of financial management in collaboration with colleagues
Knowledge, skills and experience for Finance and Support Services Manager
- Ensuring competent financial management and risk mitigation by ensuring compliance with local regulations and adherence to the organisational Financial Framework
- Implementing financial management and controls; financial planning and budgeting; financial monitoring and audits
- Monitoring and retaining accurate financial records
- Leading support services for the country office through management of logistics and procurement of supplies
- Delivering/overseeing administrative functions, for example payroll; ensuring IT equipment functions effectively. All in line with organisational policies and procedures
- Working collaboratively with programme and finance teams to support and strengthen the financial management, accountability and capacity building of partners
- Supporting finance and programme teams with joint review of programme/project reports, planning and analysis
- Supporting proper financial and resource management of programmes
- Relevant professional accounting qualification OR a masters’ qualification OR bachelors’ degree in relevant field
- Minimum of 3-5 Years working experience in a similar level role
- Previous experience within INGOs
- Experience of financial management, programme & project management, HRM and administration
- Experience in managing major donor grants, for example, setting up grant management systems, financial reporting and monitoring tools
- Project Financial management and data analysis skills
- Ability to represent Sightsavers with key external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (both oral & written)
- Capacity building or facilitation working experience
- Strong IT, Excel, MS Word, an accounting package and Microsoft outlook
- Ability to understand and work with project budgets, forecasts and reports.
- Professional experience of audit and government organizations advantageous
FSSM is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills.
Closing date: 24 April 2022
Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 2 May 2022
Please use our website and complete an online application in English via our recruitment portal. Please include all your relevant work experience within the application form.
As an equal opportunity Employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date.