Dwasco Sacco Limited is inviting applications from suitably qualified and persons to fill the post of Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) tenable at its Offices in Dwangwa on renewable contract of 3 years based on performance and availability of position. The FAO will be reporting to the CEO. The overall objective of this job is to manage the finance, human resources and administrative functions of the SACCO. The job holder will be responsible to provide timely management; administrative; financial; and other relevant information to make informed decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Budget preparation, implementation and control through variance reports
- Timely preparation of financial and management reports.
- Manage SACCO audits and ensure that audit findings recommendations are addressed and implemented
Ensure compliance with SACCO policies and procedures; RBM Directives and regulatory reporting
- Ensure the effective and efficient stewardship of SACCO’s assets and financial resources.
- Supervise timely and accurate recording of accounting transactions
- Supervise Teller/Cashier transactions.
- Manage other financial issues that arise, including risk management.
- Doing bank reconciliations
- Perform any duties assigned from time to time
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting or any related field.
- Professional qualification: CA (Mw)/CPA/ACCA/CIMA will be an advantage
- Relevant 3-5 years’ work experience in Finance and Administration areas.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to effectively convey complex details
and technical information.
- Highly familiar with etiquette, protocol, and employing organizational culture awareness and sensitivity.
- Matured and team player.
- Highly organized and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
Experience in management of operations for a Financial Institution preferred. Those with SACCO
experience will have an advantage
Interested candidates should submit their applications together with a detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of certificates to:
The Sacco Manager
Dwasco Sacco Limited
P.O. Box 46, DWANGWAOr
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is Monday, 9th August 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be
acknowledged. SACCO is an equal employer.
An affiliate of the Malawi Union of Savings and Credit Cooperatives Limited (MUSCCO)