Under the Supervision of the Program Analyst, the FU Support Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist the Programme Analyst in recruitment of UN Volunteers:
– Circulate NUNV vacancy announcements within the UN system;
– Support UNV Recruiters to contact potential candidates to check their interest and availability for
national assignemnts; follow up with potential candidates to complete required documentation in VMAM;
– Support arrangement of interviews in consultation with host institutions/Invite shortlisted candidates for
– Support preparation of interview reports and uploading into VMAM;
– Prepare briefing packs and arrange orientation/security briefings for new UNVs;
– Interact with newly deployed UNVs to ensure successful settlement and intergration with host institutions;
– Ensure that arrival entitlements are processed by the VSC team on time.
- Maintain personal files of UNVs ensuring that all correspondence and matters requiring action are brought to the attention of the Programme Analyst;
- Provide required input, where appropriate, in managing and monitoring aassignments i.e. keep track of contractual status of all volunteers including contract extensions, resignations, terminations and follow up on respective replacements.
- Assist UN Volunteers to submit appropriate background documentation for processing any other entitlements due to volunteers.
- Maintain up to date lists of serving volunteers.
- In collaboration with host institutions, maintain up to date leave records of all UNVs.
- Support separating UNVs with exit formalities.
- Assist in planning and coordinating UNV events – IVD, UNV Retreats, innovative initiatives and any other activities which promote volunteerism and celebrate strengths and contributions of volunteer;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organisations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- University Degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Social Sciences or any related field.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in related assignments.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Memo drafting
- Visa processing
- Event organisation
- Relationship building
- Processing financial documents
To apply for this job please visit www.unv.org .