Under the direct supervision of the UN Senior Human Rights Adviser, the UNV will provide leadership, guidance and coordination on disability inclusion actions by the UN Malawi as well as integration of disability inclusion into all stages of the UN programming cycle. This work will include coordinating the UN-wide disability focal points, organising regular training and information sharing on disability inclusion, organising consultations with organisations of persons with disabilities and strategically ensuring the progressive implementation of the UN Disability Inclusion Strategy.
The UNV will also support the UN Senior Human Rights Adviser to mainstream human rights into the work of the UN Malawi by providing technical expertise, coordination and support to the UN Joint Human Rights Programme.
As part of the UN Resident Coordinators Office, the UNV will also provide general coordination support as required to support the work of the office and to the overall work of the UN Resident Coordinator.
- University degree in human rights, political science, social sciences, development studies or any relevant field;
- At least two years of professional experience with proven knowledge of disability, human rights or related field
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Previous experience of implementing projects in the field of disability, human rights or development would be a plus;
- Previous experience in advocacy for the rights of persons with disabilities would be a plus;
- Very good written and oral communication in English;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel