The Malawi Revenue Authority, an organization entrusted with the assessment, collection and accounting for tax revenues for the Malawi Government is inviting application from ex-employees of MRA who are qualified and experienced in Customs and Domestic Taxes Administration for one-year fixed contract in Customs and Domestic Taxes Divisions.
Position : Customs Officers
Grade : F1 to D1
Organization Unit: Customs
Location : Various Stations and Sections
- Conduct station inspections
- Debt Management analysis and reconciliation
- To conduct Post Clearance Desk Audits on declarations to check Misclassification, Valuation and Origin of goods.
- To conduct Pre-Clearance Desk Audits on declarations to check Misclassification, Valuation and Origin of goods.
- To analyse implementation of Customs Procedures
- A minimum of Malawi School Certificate of Education
- Those with Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Finance or Business Administration obtained from recognized and accredited Universities will have added advantage.
- Only those Ex-officers who underwent advanced technical training are eligible to apply
- Those who were dismissed on various grounds or have a record of integrity issues are not eligible to apply
- Knowledge of ASYCUDA
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to collect, analyse and disseminate complex information clearly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent numerical skills and ability to interpret accounts
- Ability to work accurately and paying close attention to detail.
- Very high level of integrity
- Willingness to work at any location in Malawi where the services are required
Interested candidates should submit their application through MRA recruitment portal: https://careers.mra.mw
Closing date for receiving applications is 20th January,2022.