VACANCY – COMPANY ACCOUNTANT (RE-ADVERTISED)
A vacancy exists for Company Accountant based in Blantyre, reporting to the Financial Controller – (Zambia – Malawi Cluster).
In this role you will be responsible for providing accurate financial transaction processing in conformance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and internal controls. Ensuring data integrity, accuracy, timeliness of recording and completeness to provide the foundation for management, statutory and group reporting
- The successful incumbent will be in possession of bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or its equivalent with 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent skills in Excel and MS Office Package
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong computer skills, business acumen and a sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS) systems.
- Good Knowledge of SAP ERP system
- A Team Player with good management and communication skills
- Processing of financial transactions and implementation of prescribed Linde Group processes
- Manage the company’s finances according to set policies and international financial reporting standards
- Ensuring that accounting records are well maintained and up to date
- Maintain data integrity; overall supervision and control of the accounts staff and ensure correct cost allocation
- Extract ad-hoc reports; preparation of monthly financial reports for submission to head office
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and preparation of government returns including tax returns and assessments
- Maintaining an effective system of internal control
- Preparation of monthly as well as annual financial statements
- Completion and submission of month-end Group Reporting Packs to strict deadlines
- Checking, verification and signing off General Ledger Reconciliations including bank reconciliations
- Supervision and control of accounting staff.
- Responsible for the taxation of the Company; including assessments and rebates.
- Responsible for internal and external financial audits
- Preparation of monthly forecasts and responsible for preparing the annual budget.
Closing date for applications: 22nd September, 2023 at 4:30 Please e-mail your application to: [email protected]
Previous applicants need not apply.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]